Create Account

Username

Password

Forgot your password?
XClose Panel
Xilinx Home
Visitor
cepasp

ERROR: Failed to create the command line for XST. One or more procedures reported errors.

ERROR: Failed to create the command line for XST.  One or more procedures reported errors.

I am getting this error for unknown reasons, and I am having a difficult time debugging it.  Normally I would turn on logging for the xst step by going into design utilities but this doesn't work because xst hasn't even run.

Is there any way to get a log of what it is ATTEMPTING to run, so I can figure out if it's some kind of permissions or path problem?

This is WebPack 9.2.04i on Windows XP, with everything installed in the correct place.  It worked for a while, but some time between yesterday and today something must have changed.

--Chris

Expert Contributor
gszakacs

Re: ERROR: Failed to create the command line for XST. One or more procedures reported errors.

This is a shot in the dark, but do you perhaps run AVG antivirus?  see thread:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=ISE&message.id=1209&query.id=20582#M1209

Regards,
Gabor
-- Gabor
barayschuk

Re: ERROR: Failed to create the command line for XST. One or more procedures reported errors.

I got this error when my project had two files with same name. One file for synthesis, other for simulation. The project was successfully synthesized after removing file for simulation.

-- Vasiliy

Visitor
infinition

[ Edited ]
Hum... I just got this error... My project was working fine until now. Can you give me an exemple of the duplicated files? I mean, where did you found your answer?

EDIT: I don't have AVG by the way.

Message Edited by infinition on 02-04-2008 02:16 PM
Visitor
infinition

Ok, I found it. I don't know which file was the problem, but I deleted all the auto-generated files in my work folder and re-executed the process and now everything is back to normal.
Visitor
cepasp

>I got this error when my project had two files with same name

Where were these files?  Obviously you can't ahve two files with the same name in the same directory.  Or do you mean in the Project?

hamsikam

I could resolve the same error by turning off the ISE and starting again.