04-22-2012 03:58 AM
The XC9500XL High-Performance CPLD Document said:
Any number of the product terms, up to the 90 available, can be allocated to each macrocell by the product term allocator.
What is this Product term Allocation? Is this the internal Process to allocate the Product terms into macrocells, automatically!!?
Or, Is it possible to allocate the logic product terms into macrocells manually via ISE by the user?
04-22-2012 08:18 AM
I do not know the answer to your question, but I am curious why you would want to "manually allocate product terms into macrocells"? I am not certain what "manually allocate product terms" means.
In what circumstances would manual pin assignment and HDL coding be insufficient "control" over a CPLD design?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.