07-13-2012 06:03 AM
I went back to Matlab 2011b and ISE 14 but it still does not work. I actually did a full re-install of windows and it still did not work.
Anybody knows how matlab communicate with the sysgen software. I am wondering if there is program corporate puts on my computer that is somehow screwing things up.
Any insight would be highly appreciated.
07-13-2012 07:41 AM
Have a look at this AR:
Namely, do the following:
- Make sure you're launching SysGen from the Start menu shortcut, not just through matlab/simulink
- Point your TMP and TEMP environment variables to something simple like C:\TEMP
- Make sure your working project directory is in a short-ish path with no spaces or funny characters
- Kill other process that could be interfering. Matlab makes heavy use of Java so killing other Java processes especially has been known to help
08-09-2012 10:42 AM
* Matlab 2012a or 2012b is not supported by SysGen (see http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/17966.htm)
Will this remain the case, and if so do we have to go back to ISE 13 and Matlab 2011, and follow the suggestions in answer 44617?
08-09-2012 10:44 AM
For 14.1, yes this will remain the case. The supported versions for 14.1 will not change. You can use any of the versions listed in AR17966.
Also note that 14.2 supports 2012a
09-09-2012 05:39 AM
I have faced a same problem with the design environment
- Matlab 2011a
- Xilinx 14.2
To fix this error, I did as the follow:
- Start the "System generator" in the start menu, not from Matlab - simulink.
I saw some changes form the model itself when you start System generator in different ways
- Case 1: From Simulink, the output of Gateway display double instead of Fix_8_2
and the output of the bus was double, not double (2)
- Case 2: start system generator from start menu, everything works fine.
Guessing that, matlab 2011a can not start the correct system generator.
09-11-2012 11:05 PM
I have searched and followed this thread. I have had this problem quite a while; I have this "Internal Problem ...In GateWays/GatewayIn" when generating the VHDL. Within simulink and MATLAB, everything seems to works fine for me. This is what I have checked without succes (both on 13.3 and 14.1):
1) Configure Sysgen to associate to 2010a (on 13.3) and 2011b on ISE14.1
2) No space in ISE and MATLAB installations, No deep directory. ( C:\MATLAB\ and C:\XILINX\ )
2) Launch from from Start menu , system generator shortcut.
3) Simulate a design, both complex and simple. Using WaveScope etc. Everythings seems to works fine.
4) try a very simple model (gateWayIn---> Delay--->gatewayOut)
5) Gerate the VHDL; but getting an Compilation error.
PS: it shall be said that I m running on Vista Enterprise 32Bit, because this is our cooperate system. Is this the problem?
09-12-2012 03:54 AM
I have now tried ISE 13.1 with MATLAB2010a (shall be compatible with Vista). Here is the Screen dump of the error, configurations, models. As you can se, this is a very simple model.
I hope that you can help.