Forgot your password?
XClose Panel
Xilinx Home
Super Contributor
kumar.anand743@gmail.com
Accepted Solution

Problem using 'To Reg' and 'From Reg' blocks

Hi there :-)

I was planning to use the 'To reg' and 'From Reg' blcks for embedded  processing but there was a problem mapping it to the memory of  the microblaze processor.

The board we are using is Spartan 3A DSP 3400a and the version of sysgen is 10.1.03 

We have included the EDK processor token in our model and the ports seem to be added.

As far as Sysgen is concerned could you please let me know whether there are any other additional changes we need to make?

And could you please let me know whether there are any limitations on the no. of shared memory blocks we can add?

The baffling part is that the shared memory blocks used in the reference example provided with the board seems to be working fine !!! Altough we have followed similar procedures our blocks are not working. 

Could you please provide some suggestions regarding this problem at the earliest ?

Thank you :-) 

Xilinx Employee
chrisar

Re: Problem using 'To Reg' and 'From Reg' blocks

Have you opened the EDK block and made sure that the blocks were added?

If you have anymore information that would be helpful in understanding the problem also provide that.

Chris
Video Solutions Center: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56851.htm
Regular Contributor
syoma

There is a lot of steps to make it wrong,

So we need to know exactly, what you make in order to help.

1. Have you changed you system generator compilation to Export as pcore to EDK and added your EDK project as target?How?

2. Have you re-generated design afterwards?

3. Have you make changes in XPS System-on-chip? E.g added your core to system from list of IP cores, created FSL or PLB buses, connected them to µBlaze and your core, defined number of links in µBlaze and memory areas?How?

4. Have you generated new bitstream, and new libraries and BSP?How?

5. Have you rewritten µBlaze software to include writes and reads to your registers from your new-generated .h and .c files?How?

Regular Visitor
frankchan

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am facing the same errors too.

I followed the steps provided in Spartan 3A DSP FPGA VSK lab tutorials, but I do not see the from_register mapped to the microblaze processor.

However, the EDK block in Simulink shows that the 'from_register' has been added.

I tried to generate the pcore via SysGen several times but the error remains.

I would like to receive some suggestions on how to correct the errors.

Thanks.

XPS edk processor memory map.JPG
Super Contributor
kumar.anand743@gmail.com

[ Edited ]

Hi frankchan :-)

We followed the following procedure and it worked

1)First open the EDK processor block add the shared memories one by one , then press ADD,press APPLY and press OK

2)Save the module

3)Then again open the EDK processor block, press SYNC, then press APPLY and then OK

4)Generate PCORE and open your EDK project

5)Add your PCORE,make the necessary connections, generate addresses

6)In the system assembly view,right click on your IP and select configure IP. There you ll find the addresses of the shared memories

6)Then check for the driver version for your IP in the MSS file , sometimes it does not get updated.

7)Generate libraries and BSPs and check the xparameters.h file under your IP whether the bit precision,depth of shared mem etc are right

Regards,

Anand

Regular Visitor
frankchan

Hi

I have followed your steps up to step 4. However, when I opened the .mpd file of vsk_camera_vop_plbw from IP Catalog-->Project Local Pcores-->USER, I am still unable to find the C_MEMMAP_THRESHOLD.

Is it possible to edit the .mpd file to add in the C_MEMMAP_THRESHOLD?? If yes, what are the steps to it? What do I have to include??

Please provide some suggestions. Thanks.

Regular Visitor
frankchan

Hi anand

A little update on the problem of using 'To Reg' and 'From Register' blocks.

I have tried to generate the pcore using SysGen. I located the folder of the generated pcore and found that there were 3 folders being generated: _xmsgs, rguu_cw_xdb, sysgen. However the most important folder: pcores folder, was not generated at all.

What is the reason for this? Is it due to version problems or that I had missed out some steps, etc. ??

Hope to receive some suggestions. Thanks.