09-01-2011 04:35 PM
At some point in the progression of ISE upgrades the Language Templates window stopped working on my main system. Specifically, going to Edit->Language Templates opens up the Language Templates tab, but the contents of the window are blank (white). I first noticed while using ISE 13.1 (running on Win XP 32-bit). I recently installed 13.2 hoping it would correct the problem, but no luck.
The language template data is there in C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\ISE\data\projnav\templates, the same as on other fully functional systems I have, it's just not being displayed for some reason. Anybody seen anything similar, or have an idea about what corrupted registry/preference/environment variable/etc could cause this behavior? I haven't found anything else amiss in day to day operation.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-01-2011 04:49 PM
Solved: the templates window normally has two sections, and on my system the right pane which is normally blank had been resized to completely cover the template categories on the left. There were a few small shaded dots down the left side of the window as a clue that I had not previously noticed, until I looked carefully at a working system. Sigh.
09-01-2011 05:59 PM
In other words, you fixed the problem with an operator (rather than software) update?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
05-25-2012 09:28 AM
In my case, the language templates window is split into two horizontal halves. The right, normally blank half had grown to fill the whole window, leaving only a thin line of shaded dots on the left as a clue that the left pane exists. With careful mouse positioning, I can grab that border and expand the left half back to normal. You may or may not have the same problem - perhaps post a screenshot?