12-04-2008 10:11 AM
I have build a "PCI-32" Board with "Spartan-3" (XC3S400-tq144-5) with the "Level Converter" (SN74CB3T16211) from Texas Instrument to convert the pci signals from +5V to +3v3.
When I put the Card in computer I have no more Boot on the computer (the cpu-Fan just works and nothing more!!!, even I have no BEEP sound of the BIOS, and nothing on the monitor............Just nothing!!!)
I tried to hide some PCI pins to find a problem, then, when I put a small piece of paper on the "DEVSEL" pin the computer works well.
it means that the FPGA cannot decode its 32 bits address and therefore the computer will not know the FPGA, ....
What I have done till now:
1) I have generated the appropriated UCF File.
2) I have got the appropriate license for the PCI IP-Core from Xilinx home page.
3) as you also can see, if you want to use the "CORE GENERATOR" program to get the PCI-32 (33MHz) ,you have just the chance "32-bit initiator/Target for PCI (Spartan only)" under the "Standard bus interface/PCI" on the Core Generator.................
if you use this part you will get the following error although the license is correct.
WARNING:coreutil - coreutil:436 - Unable to access archive without a valid license. No
files have been delivered.
WARNING:sim:93 - NGC output will not be generated for this core.
4) we have talked with the Xilinx support and they said you should run the file "run_xst.bat" in the folder ..... verilog\example\synthesis (which would be generated automatically by the core generator if your option at first was the Verilog generation otherwise VHDL.) , we have used the pcim_top verilog file and others as well but..........
5) I have also tried the "run_xilinx.bat" and use the generated bitstream file (after I have copied the UCF file in the "...\verilog\src\ucf " ) in the ISE Project.........
6) I have assign the DEVSEL, and/or STOP and/or INT_A on 0, 1, and 1'bz ................. Didn't WORK
but still in the chipscope I have the PCI_CLK...
7) there is no TI level converter problem because :
AVNET Company has a "Spartan-3 Evaluation Board XAPP646 & XAPP653 " with PCI-32 that used exactly the TI levelconverters that works properly.
there are more other deatails if anyone wants to know!!!
but I really don't know what should I do now
and since this is a part of Master thesis any kind of suggestion would be great
Thank you all in advance for your concern and your assistance is much appreciated.
Uni- DUE- Germany