05-03-2012 02:46 AM
Hi I'm using ISE 13.4 on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit Linux machine. I have all updates installed. My Java Runtime Env is 6.0.23
I have AVNet Spartan-6 LX9 Microboard which I can not program at all. Here some sympthoms
1. I can run the command line flow with xflow and generate *.bit file
2. I can communicate within Minicom with my board (see this article http://strdoc.com/comment/417 )
3. My AVNet LX9 board looks fine as I successfully ran all factory tests on it, as it was recommended in manual.
4. lsusb output is:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04f2:b230 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0cf3:3005 Atheros Communications, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x Composite Device
5. In Minicom, I use /dev/ttyUSB0 to communicate with my board thru USB-UART controller.
6. When I launch IMPact GUI, I double click "Boundary Scan" and Identify my *.bit file. The Device xc6lx9 appears
7. When I press "Program", "Verify" or "Get Device ID", IMPact crashes immediately without any messages in Linux console.
8. I tried to use with the batch mode, but IMPact seems not to be come thru "setCable" option and crushes immediately on this step.
Please check my batch file and console output attached and help me to come thru this issue.
Thank you very much
05-04-2012 02:01 PM
Found existing solution
What to do:
1. Install Xilinx ISE with checked "Install Cable Drivers". In the end of installation, ISE will report it is failed, but that's ok.
2. Install Digilent Firmware for AVR USB-UART uController on the AVNet LX9 board. BOTH Runtime and Utils
3. Do export to prevent impact and chipscope from loading faulty lib:
// in .bashrc for 64 bit Ubuntu 11.10
4. Install separate USB Driver. DONT Install windrv6:
That's it. Have a lot of fun