08-31-2010 06:05 AM
I've just installed the complete suite of ISE 12.2 on Windows 7 over a previous installation of ISE 11.4.
Now if I try to start the debugger in XPS from the menu "Debug / Launch Software Debugger..." I get the following error in the windows console just before it is quickly closed:
ide_initialize_paths failed:Can't find the GUI Tcl library in the following directories:
C:/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS/EDK/usr/share/redhat/gui C:/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS/EDK/share/redhat/gui/ C:/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS/share/redhat/gui C:/Xilinx/12.2/ISE_DS/EDK/insight-gdb/microblaze/n
Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot,
09-10-2010 12:18 AM
Not yet. I think it's related to the PATH variable, but I don't have the time to investigate further.
I also opened a WebCase but a Xilinx engineer suggested me to try SDK debugger instead, because the XPS debugger is not supported any more.
If I find a solution I will publish it here.
12-31-2011 04:54 AM
I have the same problem, when I want to lunch software debugger I see that it had searched many directories but couldn't find GUI tcl library.
I also tried to export my project to the SDK and lunch software debugger there but I still couldn't find how I can do it in SDK.
I would appreciate any help on this issue.
Something bothers me from Xilinx and that's great & fast changes they make in their software in every release.
All the time I should spend time to learn how to do something in EDK and in later versions I see that they have moved that feature to SDK or somewhere else.
Hossein Moradi Sarvandi
01-12-2012 11:02 AM
The tcl gui got installed somewhere else on my system. It's probably going to bite me when I update, but I just copied the tcl stuff to one of the locations that mb-gdb is looking. Now it works.
PS: it was a pain to find out what was going wrong because the DOS box would appear and disappear before I could read the error output. I ended up freezing the DOS box with a Ctrl-S and dumping the Win7 process to find the command line invoking it. The command line ended with ;exit which I removed and put the rest into a batch file. Running the batch file, I could finally see the lib path error output.