04-26-2012 02:35 AM
Did you solve your problem bouvett?
I seem to have the same problem using EDK and SDK 13.4. I have older bitfiles that work fine, but since yesterday I have not been able to produce good bitfiles for my Spartan6 board. I did not change anything outside a small user core I have and there are no obvious routing errors etc.
Wen I run "connect mb mdm" I get:
JTAG chain configuration
Device ID Code IR Length Part Name
1 0402e093 6 XC6SLX75T
ERROR: Could not detect MDM peripheral on hardware. Please check:
1. If FPGA is configured correctly
2. MDM Core is instantiated in the design
When I try to launch my software using the newer bitfiles I get this error message:
Any suggestions as to what I can try is welcome.
05-22-2012 04:54 AM
06-07-2012 12:42 AM
I solved my problem by deleting the last added core in EDK, then I did a compile and it worked. After that I added the core again in the excact same way, and now everything worked. I have seen this issue twice now, with 2 different cores and this solution worked both times.
Btw. I am using 13.4.
06-22-2012 06:55 AM
I've had the same problems as well. Seems to happen after I make a change to the Verilog and re-synthesize. The SDK knows about the new .bit files, but seems to get hung somehow and I am not sure how I fixed it previously, but nothign methodical seems to work (unplugging the USB JTAG, power cycling the board, closing/opening SDK, etc.). I too am using 13.4.
06-22-2012 08:31 AM
I had posted about this problem yesterday, and that posting got removed.
In version 13.4, the "cse" value for the Virtex-6 is wrong in idcode.lst. Watching the XMD console while programming reveals this error.
The default location for the file is: $XILINX/ISE_DS/ISE/data/cse/idcode.lst
Hope that helps.
06-25-2012 09:36 AM
I still seem to be having these issues after changing the ISE project. Then when I got to the SDK to re-compile, and download everything seems fine; but when I click on debug I get the errors. Now I will have these errors for a while while I try to figure it out, and eventually they will go away, but I am nto sure why or how... It kills productivity for a bit and makes me hesitant to make changes in ISE out of fear of this happening.