Username

Password

Forgot your password?
XClose Panel
Xilinx Home
Regular Visitor
asengupt

VHDL CODE FOR MICROPROCESSOR (8085)

Well I want to emulate my FPGA to work as a microprocessor... I have ISE and XPS ..can anyone please send me the full vhdl code for the microprocessor..and also please tell me whether XPS is needed to be used in developing microprocessor...in FPGA....I am new to these stuffs...Please tell me...

Thanks

Anirban.

Expert Contributor
gszakacs

Re: VHDL CODE FOR MICROPROCESSOR (8085)

Are you saying you want to emulate an 8085 microprocessor in the FPGA?  Or just any 8-bit processor?

There are a number of projects at opencores.org, including an 8080 design in Verilog.

If you just need any 8-bit processor, look at the PicoBlaze.  All the tools for PicoBlaze development

are available directly from Xilinx.

-- Gabor
Regular Visitor
asengupt

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...I actually want to implement any simple 8 bit processor in fpga. Can you kindly also give me one information. I am actually looking for virtex device which allows frame partial reconfiguration..that is....which allows reconfiguration of individual configuration logic blocks..not the entire column..but just the regions...will vrtex 4 support such partial reconfiguration...

Thanks,

Anirban.

Xilinx Employee
barriet

I just noticed you apparently have 2 threads with some of the same content. Some input has been give here:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=GenDis&message.id=991 (Does any virtex device allow reconfiguration of only just logic blocks, not whole column?)

Please do not crosspoint the same question to multiple threads.

PR is generally not recommended for users who are not already very famliar with the silicon features and mainstream flow details. Adding an embedded processor to this flow raises the bar even higher.

Also note that EDK only supports MicroBlaze, PPC405 (V2P, V4FX), and PPC440 (V5FXT). Other FPGA-based processors will have different flows.

Note: I am not trying to discourage you - just setting reasonable expectations about the challenges ahead.

bt

ralph2010

If you are looking for 8085 IP core, check Prime Core Solution  web site. There is some  8085 IP core and 8080 IP core. They are cycle compatible with standard.
samba123

Re: VHDL CODE FOR MICROPROCESSOR (8086)

sir