06-21-2012 11:05 AM
I am just getting into the uBlaze stuff.
I am currently trying to build a very basic uBlaze System on the ML605.
I do this in the following steps:
- Create ISE13.4 project, target is the ML605. Crate a new source, embedded CPU
- XPS opens up and asks me to run BSB Wizard and I do
- I remove most of the peripherals from the right side of the screen to keep it simple, but I do leave the DDR3 in.
- When I see my System Assembly view is done, I checked the ucf file...which graphically located on the left, under the platform view, 'project files'
- When I open the ucf, it shows pin assignments for all of the peripherall EXCEPT the DDR3...WHY?
So when I go back to the System Assembly view, and click on the DDR3 peripheral, it brings up the MIG Wizard. I notice the DDR3 was totally not even set up....WHY? If I targeted tyhe ML605...it KNOWS what I got...this should be all automated...
So then I go through the process:
- create design...DDR3 using AXI
- memory type is SODIMM, and I choose the one on the ML605
- leave all the settings the same...32 bit data bus, etc..
- then it asks me how to do pin selection, and I chose a fixed design...as it is....ML605
- It brings me to a screen where it asks me for a UCF....I DONT HAVE THE UCF...SHOULDN'T IT KNOW ALREADY SINCE IT KNOWS I AM USING THE DARN ML605???
- Embedded kit has to ucf for the ddr3 either...
So what do I do?? What am I missing here? =/