07-04-2012 09:04 AM
Today on the forum front page, the link to recent threads has disappeared!
Is this function being removed or just the link to it?
This is the most convenient view for those of us who visit the forums frequently and want
to see what's new without browsing through all of the categories.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-29-2012 05:37 PM
The 'most recent threads' listing is ordered by original post date, not date of most recent post. Is this a per-user profile selection, or is this fixed by design?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
07-30-2012 05:36 AM
When the forums were just starting up, a number of people asked for a "most recent posts"
feature. Since then all of the boards normally sort by most recent post, but the "most recent
threads" has not changed. For those of us who visit the forums regularly, a most recent posts
(like a normal newsgroup) would be very nice without having to visit each board individually.
On the other hand, sorting by thread origin date helps to reduce the rewards for those who
"ping" threads or re-open old threads with unrelated questions.