03-22-2012 10:48 AM
Two things. I'm having trouble downloading a version 12 or higher for my windows 7 machine and have the same trouble downloading any version in my xp enviroment. In windows 7 i get a close tab message when i try to initate the download. in xp it gives a memory erro and closes windows explorer. What can I do to get the ise packages i need to develop with?
03-22-2012 11:04 AM
I would make sure I had the latest version of explorer, or just download the latest firefox. I would also check the security level (settings) is such that the download is not blocked (cookies, etc. etc.).
Xilinx San Jose
03-22-2012 12:54 PM
hi thanks for you response. i think my issue has to do with our level of it security. I finally quit reading over the note that says some may have an issue with the download manager and it gives links to download with the browser itself. the file is rather large. i really only need impact for what im doing right now. is there an alternative way to download the latest standalone impact tool? bypassing the download manager? i need a version 12 or greater as im trying to develop in a windows 7 enviroment. if this is not possible i will try and download firefox and see if i get the same result. thanks again
03-22-2012 03:00 PM
If you scroll down a bit in the downloads, you'll find "Lab Tools" which is more than just Impact
but much smaller than the complete ISE download.
03-23-2012 05:49 AM
i still can't download any of the files. lab tools or other wise. i tried firefox it just kept erroring out. it shouldn't be this difficult to download the tools i need. I still beleive the issue is with the download manager. it may be related to our sercurity but there is no way around that. can i be provided a way to download the tools without using the download manager?
03-23-2012 07:47 AM
Did you look at answer record #45752?
There are links to the full downloads without download manager. Unfortunately
there is no such link for Lab Tools.
Another approach may be to download the Lab Tools from an outside computer and
bring it in on a USB stick if that doesn't give you other security issues...
04-09-2012 09:47 PM
The only browser that seems to work properly with xilinx's site for downloads is firefox.
Couldn't download anything with chrome or internet explorer.
Chrome couldn't find the file , keep downloading a zero sized file.
04-18-2012 02:56 PM
Having the same issues.
Here's a wacky idea. How about an FTP site- 1980s tech to the rescue! Or how about setting up a torrent somewhere? Anything but this web based nonsense.
04-18-2012 03:12 PM - edited 04-18-2012 03:15 PM
Try the following:
1. Navigate to the ISE download page. Select the file to download.
2. The 'download center' page opens, where you enter your registration profile.
3. The 'authorisation' service processes the request
4. Browser opens a pop-up to download a file. Select 'open' instead of 'save to disk'.
5. A page opens which announces that Download Manager is about to open as a pop-up, an 'installer' needs to run.
6. Browser notifies of a 'pop-up' or active-X applet which needs to be 'approved' to run. Approve the applet.
7. Download Manager applet installs and starts up.
Step #4 was the key to my success, when I was having troubles.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.