12-17-2010 03:20 AM
i want to implement a video code on fpga that will result in outputs from fpga which will in turn drive some displays, presently i am using two different fpgas for two different displays, my question is that can i implement that in the one fpga by any way
plz note that both the displays may or may not work simultaneously ,i want both of them can be controlled individually.
thanks in advance
12-17-2010 03:52 AM - edited 12-17-2010 03:53 AM
As long as you use an FPGA with enough gates and enough pins, and the FPGA can handle the additional heat generated by the larger design -- no problem.
The FPGA doesn't care how you use the available gates and pins.
If you haven't designed with FPGAs before, you should probably find someone experienced to help you and guide you with your project. There's a lot to learn.
- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.