Forgot your password?
XClose Panel
Xilinx Home
Visitor
digital_spy
Accepted Solution

Can not find ISim simulator

Hi All,

This seems to be some silly problem but its driving me crazy. I downloaded the Xilinx 11.1 Design Suite (webpack). But after downloading and completing all the procedures, I find that I dont have the ISim simulator for the behavioural simulation. The Simulator drop down tab shows all the other simulators like the ModelSim, NC, VCS, but not the ISim Simulator which is the one I need.

Please help me out in locating where I went wrong. Did I go wrong somewhere in the installation procedure? or Is there something more to be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some additional info: I have a 64 bit Win 7. 

Thanks in advance,

ps: cross posting from another thread since this seems to be the more appropriate one. 

Xilinx Employee
tmcdowe

Re: Can not find ISim simulator

digital_spy,

please check out our OR support page here:

http://www.xilinx.com/ise/ossupport/

I _thought_ that were supporting x64 Windows now, but it looks like maybe not.

-Tony

-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
Visitor
digital_spy

The 64bit ISE doesnt have the ISim simulator , but the 32bit ISE (which comes in the design suite) has the ISim simulator and it does work on my 64bit Win 7 without problem.

Anyways I have installed the model sim exe too and integrated that with the ISE tool. So now I have more choices :) 

Regular Visitor
roopa

I did the same thing , i downloaded 32 bit ise( webpack) on my windows 7 64 bit but then ISIM simulator is not working properly and modelsim or anyother is not supported
Visitor
digital_spy

Model sim needs to be downloaded and the location of the modelsim.exe should be given in the Edit - > Preferences in the ISE design suite.

Having done that, all you need is to go to the design properties , right click and change the simulator to Modelsim. 

It should work. Atleast it worked for me. Though I had to go their(Mentor Graphics) website and download the new license file to get started.

Btw I faced some other issues with ISE 11.1 too (while using the core generator)..ISE 9.2 worked fine for me for the same set of files.