04-16-2012 08:13 AM
License was sent to your email address. To get a license, follow the steps mentioned in chapter 2 of install, licensing guide at http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_man
05-11-2012 07:38 AM
When you say: “ unable to download node license file with extension ".lic"...”, what exactly do you mean here? Do you mean you are not able to generate a node locked license from the Xilinx Product Licensing page? Here are the steps of how to do this (please let me know at what stage you are getting stuck?):
1) Login to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses (this will bring you to the Xilinx Product Licensing page)
2) Here, under the “Create New Licenses” tab, you should see all the licenses you are entitled to, including a free WebPack license and a 30-day Evaluation License (if you previously haven’t generated them).
3) Select the required license file you need to generate from the list and then hit “Generate Node-Locked License”.
4) Then follow the required steps (you will be asked to provide the details of the machine/Dongle you wish to use your license on (i.e. you will be asked for Host/machine name and Host ID of the machine or Dongle’s ID, if you are targeting your license to a dongle).
5) Once you receive this license via email, you should either:
i) copy the license file to a folder called “.Xilinx” in your home drive, where this license will automatically get picked up from. If you don’t have a “.Xilinx” folder created in your home drive, then open Xilinx License Configuration Manager (XLCM), go to “Manage Xilinx Licenses” tab and then click on “Copy License…”. It will automatically detect your home drive and will create this “.Xilinx” folder in your home drive and will paste the license file in to it.
ii) Alternatively, you can put the Xilinx.lic file anywhere on your computer and then use either the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variables (in XLCM) to point to this location, i.e. "XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE=N:\Xilinx.lic".
If you already have generated the license file, but haven’t received it in an email, the first suggestion would be to check your Junk E-mail, as we have seen before a lot of time the emails with the licenses ended up going to your Junk E-mail, rather than in to the Inbox.
If it’s not there, then you can do the following:
Go to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses . Then, you will be asked to login, do so and then confirm your details by clicking on Next. This will bring you to the “Product Licensing” Page where you have generated your license from.
Here you should see “Manage Licenses” tab. Click on it and it will show you a table of licenses you have generated. Select the one you need, i.e. the license file you didn’t receive. On the bottom of this page you should see four little icons: Download, E-mail, View and Delete your license. Here you can select either Download (download the license file) or E-mail (get this license e-mailed to you again. Here you can enter any email address that you wish this license to be sent to). Now you should be able to get your license file.
Hope the info above answers your questions.