04-12-2012 06:02 AM
I'm working with a board that has a problem with parallel loading. It's A Spartan 3 FPGA with an XCF08P flash.
The firmware loads without issues when serial configuration is set (M bits: "000") . However, it doesn't work with parllel loading (M bits: "110").
Any ideas ?
04-12-2012 10:41 AM
There are a number of possible causes for such problems. You should post the board schematics if you want to pursue this problem further in these forums, so we can see a bit more of what you see.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
05-15-2012 08:41 PM
when you program the xcf prom with iMPACT, did you forget to check the Parallel option?
You not only want to set the mode pins for FPGA, but also want to enable the Parallel register inside PROM.