09-28-2011 02:59 AM
In our own design 3 AD9252 ADC's are connected to bank0 by means of lvds. It is a spartan 6 XC6SLX150FGG484. One AD9252 contains 8 ADC's so you have 24 lvds serial channels in 3 clock domains. These are deserialized in FPGA fabric. Speed is maximal 20MS/sec. It works fine.
Because we are doiing a redesign, we are checking the pin planning in our current design whether it is able for deserialization with ISERDES2. Perhaps this might be advantageous in the future.
We saw that there are 8 BUFIO2 clock regions. One for each half side of the device. These regions are TL/TR/RT/RB/BL/BR/LT/LB. This is shown in guide ug382 (spartan 6 clocking) figure 1-6.
See also xapp1064.pd: case2/figure2 deserialization with BUFIO2 primitives.
UG385, "Spartan-6 PCB design and Pin planning guide" would list the pins for these BUFIO2 clocking regions but I couldn't find the table (if there is one).
In our design, bank 0 is used. I want to know which pin pairs IO-LxxN_0/IO-LxxP_0 is TL (top left) and which is TR (top right).
Can someone help me where I can find this information?
09-28-2011 03:15 AM
See UG385, Table 2-9. The information you seek is very clearly displayed.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.