04-19-2012 01:34 AM
Where can I see communicate that Xilinx is discontinuing Spartan-3 XC3S400?
The question is when, not where. Judging by the Xilinx track record, you won't see this part discontinued for another 10 or 15 years. This is just my guess, I do not work for Xilinx.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
04-19-2012 03:47 AM
Xilinx tend to keep products in production until either almost nobody wants to buy them, or they cannot be manufactured anymore because the process is completely obsolete.
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."