04-20-2012 03:13 AM
I am using Spartan 6 MCB`s (memory part number MT41J128M16-125), I have a problem while using that, I have found that all my four DDR`s are operating fine at 320 MHZ, but I have to make them run at 400MHZ, while doing so MCB5 and MCB4 are working fine but MCB 1 and MCB 3 are falling at 400 MHZ
It would be great if some one could give me some suggestions to make them work at 400 MHZ, I have tried to increase CAS latency and done some memory parameters alternations which never helped
here are the port configurations details
MCB1 - 32 bit
MCB3 - 128 bit
MCB4 - 32 bit
MCB5 - 128 bit
04-20-2012 03:19 PM
Are you aware of the Vccint requirements for running the MCB at 400 MHz? Spartan 6
parts require a slightly higher (and tighter) voltage on the Vccint supply to meed the
400 MHz spec. You should also be running the latest version of ISE and MIG to make
sure that the proper operating conditions and timing specs are enforced.
04-20-2012 04:57 PM - edited 04-20-2012 04:59 PM
Spartan 6 parts require a slightly higher (and tighter) voltage on the Vccint supply to meed the 400 MHz spec.
The "Extended Performance" spec applies only to DDR2 devices used with Spartan-6 family.
The MT41J128M16 is a DDR3 device.
-3 speed grade supports DDR3 at up to 800 MT/s (400MHz).
-2 speed grade supports DDR3 at up to 667 MT/s (333MHz).
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
04-23-2012 08:01 AM
after discussing with my senior, I have changed parameters like C_MEM_DDR3_RTT (On Die Termination) values to higher which really helped it improve...
Thank you eteam00 and gszakacs for taking time to read my post and giving your valuable suggestions.
Thank you for your answers ....