03-23-2008 12:42 PM
I choose the .bit file then I do "Program" but I get message:
ERROR:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.
What is the bsdl file ?
03-24-2008 01:08 PM
It can be found in the install directory for the Xilinx tools, then in the folder named after the device family. Say I have an XC3S500E in the FG320 package. The file would be located at:
In the file, you can search for "IDCODE." The expected IDCODE should be right after the second instance of the word in the file.
What is the IDCODE that iMPACT is reading? (This should be in the console window after an attempt to read the code.)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
09-28-2010 08:07 AM
- In most cases, this IDCODE error message is indicative of a board problem. Mostly problems related to JTAG chain hardware. So please check all the programming hardware of the board.
- Perform an IDCODE looping test. If IDCODE looping fails, see http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/8902.htm
- Check all the connections as per configuration guide recommendations
- Check the continuity of the cable & cable insertion direction.
- Check all the voltages of device. They should be with the range as per data sheet recommendations
11-21-2010 08:07 AM
• Obtain the IDCODE that iMPACT is reading from the device, and compare it to the IDCODE in the BSDL file.
- iMPACT will not report the exact IDCODE returned in Expert Operating mode. To view the actual IDCODE returned from the device, set iMPACT to Novice Operating mode (Edit -> Preferences).
- If the IDCODEs match, a software problem might exist.
- If the IDCODEs do not match, proceed to Step 2
• Perform an IDCODE looping test. If IDCODE looping fails, see http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/8902.htm
• If possible Please check once all the voltages of the FPGA & Flash. They should be with the ranges given in data sheet operating voltage recommendations.
• The status register can be read out of the device via JTAG using iMPACT. Analyze the contents it helps you lot to debug.
11-23-2010 03:07 AM
The last time the original poster logged in was June.
Let it go!
- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.