04-04-2012 12:00 PM
I am using the xilinx IIC core on a Spartan 3E Starter board. I can write fine using the examples given by xilinx but I could not read a register from an IIC device that requires a read without ACK. Can anybody help me please ? Thanks in advance.
04-04-2012 01:22 PM - edited 04-04-2012 01:28 PM
I am using the xilinx IIC core on a Spartan 3E Starter board. I can write fine
This means that all IIC slave devices signal ACK both
- after receiving the WRITE command
- after receiving WRITE_DATA
I could not read a register from an IIC device that requires a read without ACK.
Just to be clear... Which are you saying:
- The slave device will not continue a READ operation once the master signals an ACK?
- The slave device will not signal an ACK (which means it is signaling NACK) after receiving the READ command from the master?
- Something else?
A look at the device datasheet might be helpful. Is the device in question one of the standard IIC devices on the Spartan-3e Starter board?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.