07-08-2012 09:26 AM - edited 07-08-2012 09:32 AM
Every Xilinx board has an AC'97 codec chip,what type of chip is available in virtex5 ml 506?Is that AD1981B?
Found in the New Users Forum README thread:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Do you know where to find the manual?
Many of the questions are answered with a simple and quick search of the FPGA family datasheet, or a related document. Of course, the first problem is locating the correct document -- there are 100s of them. For most current software and device families, Xilinx provides a software tool for finding and accessing useful documents. This tool is called DocNav, it installs on your PC, and you can download it with this .ZIP file link.
In addition to the DocNav tool and the documentation webpages linked above, you find Xilinx documents of all types by searching the Xilinx website (see the search tool in the top right corner of the browser window).
If you still cannot find the right document to answer your question, we will try to help you. Generally, finding and reading the document with the answer provides you with more information, more useful information, and important context information -- in less time than waiting for someone to look up the information and post it on the forum for you.
In the DocNav tool, you will find at least 3 different docs covering the ML506 board, which include links to many more docs. The answer to your first question (and many more questions), is found in the ML505/ML506/ML507 Evaluation Platform User Guide (UG347).
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.