07-03-2011 06:04 AM
I' using ml507 board and trying to implement interrupt handling using Xilkernel. My design is simple and includes Interrupt Controll and GPIO 5 Buttons and something else. I'm following the document "Using EDK to RunXilkernel on a PowerPC440 Processor" and facing several problems.
1. I can't see the following messages in console as in the example:
XMK: Initializing interrupt controller
XMK: Connecting timer interrupt
XMK: Starting the interrupt controller
XMK: Initializing PIT device.
XMK: System initialization...
XMK: Enabling interrupts and starting system...
I just can see this:
XMK: Starting kernel.
XMK: Initializing Hardware.
XMK: System initialization.
XMK: Process scheduling starts.
Is it enought for interrupt handling?
2. Next I used register_int_handler(), enable_interrupt() and enabled Global Interrupt Enable Register and IP Interrupt Enable in the GPIO Core. Interrupt handler contains just 1 line of code with call print() function. When I press the button once I can see an endless output of that interrupt handler.
Should I reset an interrupt manually and where? What I'm doing wrong?
07-03-2011 08:01 AM
This topic belongs in one of the Embedded Solutions forums. That's where you are most likely to find the help you seek.
The Virtex FPGAs forum is usually the place for hardware (Virtex silicon) topics.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.