11-19-2010 03:39 AM
when I try to use the output of Oddr bloc as input to another component, the following error appears:
ERROR:Pack:2530 - The dual data rate register "DDR/ODDR_inst" failed to join an
OLOGIC component as required.
What should I do so that I can use the output of Oddr as input for another component?
can someone help me please
11-19-2010 05:54 AM
ODDR is an "Output" double-data-rate register. As the name implies this can ONLY be used
as an output from the FPGA. Any component downstream from this will therefore not be in
your design, but rather off-chip - like a DDR memory device. The ONLY component you can
drive with the output of the ODDR is an OBUF or OBUFDS.
Perhaps if you describe what you are trying to do with this register we can help you find another
11-19-2010 06:15 AM
In fact, I have to send two signals: a signal 'D' for data and a signal S '(with a simple XOR between the clock signal and the'D') hence the need to use output 'D' (which is the output of block Oddr)
11-19-2010 09:00 AM
> In fact, I have to send two signals: a signal 'D' for data and a signal S '(with a simple XOR between
> the clock signal and the'D') hence the need to use output 'D' (which is the output of block Oddr)
First, the only connection that the output of the ODDR can make is to an output buffer it cannot be used in any other way.
Second, this doesn't make sense.
You have instantiated an ODDR register that has two data bits connected to D1 and D2 and clocked by your CLOCK net. I can't conceive of why you would need to XOR the output with the same CLOCK net that is driving it to create your "S" signal.
Since D1 will be clocked out on the rising edge of the CLOCK net an XOR with the value would simply by !D1.
Since D2 will be clocked out on the falling edge of the CLOCK net an XOR with the value would simply by D2.
So, if you really need this then add another ODDR with an inverted D1.
Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
05-05-2012 08:02 AM
1. Please do not open a new problem or question in an existing thread. One problem or topic per thread, please. Instead, you should open a new thread (which you have already done).
2. Please, one post or one thread is sufficient. You have created 4 posts in these forums with the same request. This clutters the forums, makes it difficult to see all responses, and adds confusion. The thread you already created is entirely sufficient.
3. This is a user-to-user forum which is supported by volounteers. You should not expect immediate responses. Be patient.
4. Please read the New Users README, which includes both forums use guidelines and some useful information links.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.