09-05-2011 09:39 PM
I'm trying to run BRD on a machine with Windows XP (no Vista/ 7 problem) and once and again refuses to connect through the network card.
I tried enabling/disabling a number of combinations of services (QoS, IPv6, etc) as well as forcing PC's card IP as 192.168.1.x with mask as 255.255.255.0 and disabing the wireless card.
The BRD app remains with the text 'No FPGA connected'
Jumpers and switches are as indicated, board self test run ok, Ethernet LEDs blink...
09-11-2011 03:39 AM
The Base Reference Design GUI used as part of the BRD for the SP601, SP605, ML605 does not work with Windows 7.
This was mentioed in http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40705.htm
I guess the windows-7 was not fully established at the time of SP605 driver development stage .
09-11-2011 04:57 AM
I guess the windows-7 was not fully established at the time of SP605 driver development stage.
Right, but Windows XP was probably already discontinued at the time, which raises the question why Vista is also not supported (according to AR #40705).
Given that Spartan-6 is the most current production Spartan FPGA family, it makes sense to support a Spartan-6 development board with software that runs on at least one of the two most recent releases of the Windows operating system.
What would it take to persuade Xilinx to update support for the SP601/605 boards?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
09-12-2011 12:33 AM
As I said, my OS is MS Windows XP 32 bit, and the BRD app runs apparently ok. My suspicions focus on the ethernet card configuration. Neither manually configured or automatic, doesn't connect.
09-26-2011 03:52 AM
I also have this board, but I didn't get this application as example... I got benchmarking.
I would really like to have this example, could we find a way you could send me the necessary files?
About your problem. On the exemple present on my bord, I had to set a fix IPv4. Then it was ok.
I hope it can help you. Best regards,
09-26-2011 08:34 AM
The BRD files can be found here
All other SP605 related examples and reference designs are here: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/sp605/refere
09-28-2011 11:59 AM
09-29-2011 12:41 AM
Browsing in the source code of BRD application (FPGA side) I found this:
// MAC addresses
parameter SERVER_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_00;
parameter MY_MAC = 48'h00_50_C2_AE_40_01;
but of course, my pc's MAC is not that... has the MAC to match?
10-11-2011 02:21 AM
Can you try the following checks and see if this helps?
1. Check to make sure you wireless connection is disabled
2. Run through the diagnostics in AR#33229 - does this help? http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33229.htm
3. Check if there is a client, ipv6, Qos, or file and print sharing for NIC running, and disable this
Embedded Product Applications Engineer, WTS