05-17-2012 12:16 PM
I bought two SP605 Evaluation kit boards last week. One board can’t be downloaded bit file through JTAG(min-USB on board) and the other is ok.
Here is the error message.
ERROR:iMPACT - A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact, that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 0 sec.
when assign a bit file:
INFO:iMPACT - Current time: 5/17/2012 3:10:47 PM PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. INFO:iMPACT:583 - '2': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File. INFO:iMPACT:1578 - '2': Device IDCODE : 00001111111111111111111111111111 INFO:iMPACT:1579 - '2': Expected IDCODE: 00000100000000101000000010010011 PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 0 sec.
What could the problem be? Thanks.
ERROR BOARD S/N: 1150-9603
GOOD BOARD S/N: 1150-9221
BTW, Both are fine when testing through UART(min-USB on board) . Thank you.
05-17-2012 12:34 PM
Have you compared position of jumper J19 between the good board and the problem board?
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
05-21-2012 12:40 PM
sorry, I was too busy to have a test in the three past days.
I compare all LEDs in the good one and the bad on.
there is one deffenerent:
in bad one the DS8(status LED) doesn't light but the good on is lighting.
05-21-2012 01:04 PM
I test the voltage of DS8 pins, the good one is 3.265V -- 1.261, and the bad one is 3.275V -- 1.836 or 0.9?? not satble.
So I think there must something wrong with XCCACE.