05-01-2011 01:42 PM
So I didn't know wether it was best to start a new thread for this highly related question. I wrote my own driver in VHDL for the ADC and DAC, where the former is very similar to the one in adc2.rar.
- I'm actually a bit puzzled about how to connect the DAC and ADC to the Microblaze, since i´d assume i'd still have to use some sort of FSL/OPB/PLB bus to somehow talk to the device using the ADC and DAC drivers, which use SPI. What to do here?
- Also, does anyone have a simple sample code in C to communicate with the ADC (i.e. read data into a variable etc.) ?
I notice that the timing requirements of the DAC allows me to run the SPI bus at 50 MHz, while the ADC does not. Is the reason for the counters in adc2.vhd in adc2.rar to establish some sort of delay?
My design originally used a clock divider instead though... but i have modified it to the same as adc2.vhd.
I have searched this forum, and did find something regarding question 2: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/EDK-and-Platform-Studi
05-01-2011 01:50 PM
So I didn't know wether it was best to start a new thread for this highly related question.
- You should start a new thread.
- You have posed several new questions.
-- Bob Elkind
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
08-16-2011 08:20 AM
Hi, im also trying to comunicate ADC with microblaze.
Im using the IPCORE SPI v2.01a for SPI comunication. Im read some papers, i think that the best way to generate the signal of ADV_CONV is an IPCORE GPIO. In the attachment image you can see the general conexion.