UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

LVDS DIFF TERM Serie7 FPGA

Highlighted
Visitor

LVDS DIFF TERM Serie7 FPGA

Hi,

If I use the attribute DIFF_TERM = TRUE into LVDS standard input in a HR bank not powered at 2.5V or in HP bank not powered at 1.8V what exactly happens?

The LVDS input in those conditions is supported if DIFF_TRUE = FALSE but if I put  DIFF_TERM = TRUE the differential termination is not guarantee precisely at 100 ohm (as the correct case) or can I cause a damage for the FPGA?

And if I not cause a damage for the FPGA how much is the differential resistor value for the HR and HP banks if not powered precisely at 2.5V and 1.8V respectively?

Thanks

Xilinx Employee

Re: LVDS DIFF TERM Serie7 FPGA

Hi, 

Please see https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/20004.html

Thanks

Simon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor

Hi,

thaks for the answer; so from this sentence.

"VCCO supply other than 2.5V results in a non-ideal termination, and is not recommended or supported."

I have understand that the termination is not exactly 100 ohm for this reason is not ideal and not recommended but it is something similar and, if I do this, I have a not ideal termination (bigger or smaller 100 ohm) and I do not cause any damage at the FPGA.

Is it correct?

Nicola

Xilinx Employee

Hi Nicola,

It is correct.

Thanks

Simon

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.