UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer elefferd
Observer

SPI and I2C

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to find if there are specific pins I need to connect the data lines to on the Artix 7 FPGA to use SPI and I2C communication protocol. I see listed in user guide 475 for the XC7A200T RB484 package pins for MOSI, but nothing labled for MISO.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SPI and I2C

Jump to solution

hi @elefferd,

The pin your pointing is configuration mode pin which is explained in the ug470 page number 29 , where the pin multi-function pin  .unfortunately our FPGA do not  have  dedicated SPI or I2C pins, you have configure the IO pins as per the SPI or I2C protocol , hence there is NO  MISO pin the pinout table .

I hope I have cleared your query .

let me know your inputs

Chandra

if your query is solved with the above answer please close thread by clicking the accept solution button.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

hi @elefferd,

The pin your pointing is configuration mode pin which is explained in the ug470 page number 29 , where the pin multi-function pin  .unfortunately our FPGA do not  have  dedicated SPI or I2C pins, you have configure the IO pins as per the SPI or I2C protocol , hence there is NO  MISO pin the pinout table .

I hope I have cleared your query .

let me know your inputs

Chandra

if your query is solved with the above answer please close thread by clicking the accept solution button.

0 Kudos
Observer elefferd
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks, that answered my question!

0 Kudos