UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Virtex 7 IDELAY AND IDELAYCTRL INSTANTIATION

Visitor

Virtex 7 IDELAY AND IDELAYCTRL INSTANTIATION

Hi,

I have a preliminary design where I have a set of IDELAY modules along with one IDELAYCTRL instantiated in another module "TOP". Now this module "TOP" is instantiated 8 times in the design. I have defined a iodelay group for each instantiation of "TOP" which in this case is u_adc_port. 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_1_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_2_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_3_grp;

INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_0_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_1_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_2_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_3_grp;

While running PAR for the design, the following are the errors the arise during the mapping phase:

map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_3_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_2_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_1_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_0_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_3_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_2_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_1_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR 

MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_0_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here. Also I would also like to know if I have to specify the group name just before instantiation of each IDELAYCTRL module in the design which is 8 times in my design. I have a hierarchical design with the module "TOP" containing instantiations of IDELAYCTRL and IDELAY modules and which is instantiated 8 times.

Thanks

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Virtex 7 IDELAY AND IDELAYCTRL INSTANTIATION

You need to apply the same IODELAY_GROUP name on all IDELAYs assoiciated with a particular IDELAYCTRL.

ajayvenkatesan wrote:

Hi,

I have a preliminary design where I have a set of IDELAY modules along with one IDELAYCTRL instantiated in another module "TOP". Now this module "TOP" is instantiated 8 times in the design. I have defined a iodelay group for each instantiation of "TOP" which in this case is u_adc_port. 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_1_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_2_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_3_grp;

INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_0_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_1_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_2_grp;
INST "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_2_port_3_grp;

While running PAR for the design, the following are the errors the arise during the mapping phase:

map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_3_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_2_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_1_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst1/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_2_port_0_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_3/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_3_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_2/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_2_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR  MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_1/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_1_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name. New
map ERROR 

MapLib:1114 - IDELAYCTRL symbol "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_33" (output signal=<none>) has IODELAY_GROUP property "adc_1_port_0_grp". But the design does not contain DELAY element with the same IODELAY_GROUP name.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here. Also I would also like to know if I have to specify the group name just before instantiation of each IDELAYCTRL module in the design which is 8 times in my design. I have a hierarchical design with the module "TOP" containing instantiations of IDELAYCTRL and IDELAY modules and which is instantiated 8 times.

Thanks

Cheers,
Jim
Visitor

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Could you let me know how do I put a different name for each IDELAY module associated with a particular IDELAYCTRL. Do I include it in the module which instantiates a bunch of IDELAY modules along with the associated IDELAYCTRL.

Thanks

Ajay

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I assume you have IDELAY's instantiated in each adc_port? If yes, you can set IODELAY_GROUP on them in UCF as well like below.

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay1" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay2" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay3" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

ajayvenkatesan wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Could you let me know how do I put a different name for each IDELAY module associated with a particular IDELAYCTRL. Do I include it in the module which instantiates a bunch of IDELAY modules along with the associated IDELAYCTRL.

Thanks

Ajay

Cheers,
Jim
Observer

ywu wrote:

I assume you have IDELAY's instantiated in each adc_port? If yes, you can set IODELAY_GROUP on them in UCF as well like below.

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay1" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay2" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

INST "u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay3" IODELAY_GROUP = adc_1_port_0_grp; 

ajayvenkatesan wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks

Ajay

I met the same problem, but I use Vivado to PR, Should I set  the IODELAY GROUP in XDC? 

Observer

In XDC file the command should be like this:

set_protperty IODELAY_GROUP IODELAY_MIG [get_cells u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay1]

set_protperty IODELAY_GROUP IODELAY_MIG [get_cells u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay2]

set_protperty IODELAY_GROUP IODELAY_MIG [get_cells u_adc_dac_tst/u_adc_interface/u_adc_port_0/U_idelay3]