UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado 2017.1/Ubuntu/Linux Mint Doesn't Recognize Arty-7 35T, Even After Installing Cable Drivers

Highlighted
Observer

Vivado 2017.1/Ubuntu/Linux Mint Doesn't Recognize Arty-7 35T, Even After Installing Cable Drivers

I can't get Vivado 2017.1 to recognize my Arty board on Linux Mint/Ubuntu. I tried installing the cable drivers both regularly and as root. Each time it says the drivers were successfully installed, but when I try to get my computer to recognize it, it does not. I have tried restarting my computer as well as plugging and unplugging the cable before and after reinstalling the drivers. On Ubuntu, I look for the windrvr file in /dev, but it isn't there. In Vivado Hardware Manager, when I autoconnect it, it at least recognizes that something is there at localhost, but it doesn't recognize that it's the Arty-7 35T board.

I am also using a regular USB Micro Cable instead of the expensive $100 ones if that makes a difference. When would I have to use the expensive ones?

ProjectSample3.png
ProjectSample4.png
ProjectSample5.png