UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie lixiaoqing

"ERROR: [Updatemem 57-156] Update_mem does not support encrypted bitfile" in Artix-7 FPGA

Hi,
I want to encrypt bitstream generated from a Vivado design. The FPGA type is Artix-7. I use the eFUSE encrypt  mode. The project without microbaze was OK  ,and encryption operation was valid.

But when I add a microblaze into the project and use "program FPGA" in SDK, in order to merge .bit and .elf files ,there was an error. How can I do if I want to continue?

Thanks for help.

The information in microblaze SDK is:

****** updatemem v2017.4 (64-bit)
**** SW Build 2086221 on Fri Dec 15 20:55:39 MST 2017
** Copyright 1986-2017 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

source C:/Xilinx/SDK/2017.4/scripts/updatemem/main.tcl -notrace
Loading bitfile E:/SVN/Local_PrjBuff/FCOM/FCOM/prj.runs/impl_1/top.bit
ERROR: [Updatemem 57-156] Update_mem does not support encrypted bitfile E:/SVN/Local_PrjBuff/FCOM/FCOM/prj.runs/impl_1/top.bit.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'update_mem' failed due to earlier errors.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: "ERROR: [Updatemem 57-156] Update_mem does not support encrypted bitfile" in Artix-7 FPGA

The error message is correct , updatemem does not support encrypted bitstreams.

You will need to associate the elf in Vivado (not use updatemem), and then this will be encrypted

See Page 160:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug898-vivado-embedded-design.pdf

In summary, there are two ways in the tools to populate the BRAM; Associating the ELF in Vivado, or updatemem.

Since updatemem doesn't support encryption, then you must use the other method.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie lixiaoqing

Re: "ERROR: [Updatemem 57-156] Update_mem does not support encrypted bitfile" in Artix-7 FPGA

Thank you! I will try it.

0 Kudos