UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor byzantinus
Visitor

unprogrammed FPGA I/O electrical behavior

Jump to solution

Hello,

Where can I find the electric description (AC impedance, DC current) of the user I/O pins of an unprogrammed V7? (I guess the question can be extended to other FPGAs as well).

Let's imagine the following scenario: a source block supplies through an N-bit bus a signal that is fed into the I/O pins of such an unprogrammed FPGA (of course those pins, after programming, will turn into input pins and the FPGA will perform a certain function on the incoming data, before passing it on); let's imagine the source block outputs to be LVCMOS18 and Z0=50ohm (and the FPGA inputs, once programmed, will match that). What will the behavior of the unprogrammed FPGA pins be (AC impedance, DC current), i.e., what will the source block see, before the FPGA gets programmed? I mean, before FPGA programming even begins.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: unprogrammed FPGA I/O electrical behavior

Jump to solution

......And PUDC_B is high such that the weak pullups are not enabled. As a side note, after all supplies are up then the I/Os are tri-stated. If you need them to be tri-stated during power on then please follow the recommended sequence in the datasheet.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi Paul,

If you have followed the power on sequence, then the I/Os would be in tri-state before configuration of the device.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

......And PUDC_B is high such that the weak pullups are not enabled. As a side note, after all supplies are up then the I/Os are tri-stated. If you need them to be tri-stated during power on then please follow the recommended sequence in the datasheet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor byzantinus
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks both to Krishna and to ralfk for the complementary answers.

0 Kudos