cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new configuration memory device to Vivado

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm using Windows 7 and Vivado 2016.4 and SDK. I work on special hardware includes Kintex7 FPGA and XXXX FLASH

After my development, when I wanted to program my .bit file to my flash I  figured out that after 2018.3 version I can program XXXX FLsh. But I have no ability to upgrade my project because of 3rd part IP licence costs and other costs.

Is there any way to upgrade supported device list of Vivado without upgrading Vivado fully?

If not, if I create my bit file and mcs file in 2016.4 Can I program these files using 2018.3 or higher version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

1105022040@ybu.edu.tr 

I doubt that the support flash list for an old version of Vivado can be changed.  

However, the bit file and mcs file from older (eg. v2016.4) Vivado can be sent to FPGA and flash using newer (eg. v2018.3) Vivado. We do this often - sometimes going the other way - using the old ISE iMPACT to send bit/mcs files produced by Vivado.

Mark

View solution in original post

1 Reply

1105022040@ybu.edu.tr 

I doubt that the support flash list for an old version of Vivado can be changed.  

However, the bit file and mcs file from older (eg. v2016.4) Vivado can be sent to FPGA and flash using newer (eg. v2018.3) Vivado. We do this often - sometimes going the other way - using the old ISE iMPACT to send bit/mcs files produced by Vivado.

Mark

View solution in original post