UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor florent@
Visitor

Boot from QSPI and load partitions from SD

Hello,

I would like to boot from QSPI using u-boot.bin (FSBL.elf+u-boot.elf), then load bitstream in PL and execute hello world application in DDR, knowing that both application is located in SD card in file hello.bin (containing hello world application + bitstream). Is it possible to use u-boot or partition loader in order to do that ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Boot from QSPI and load partitions from SD

Hi florent@,

Please check with Avnet Application Note on Booting PicoZed Using QSPI and eMMC

https://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/attachments/xlnx/NewUser/43627/1/PicoZed_Petalinux_2014_4_eMMC_boot_v2.0.pdf qspi and emmc booting

Refer from Moving the Bitstream to eMMC (page number 34).

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor florent@
Visitor

Hi Savula,

Thank you for your answer, I would like to know How to execute a BIN file containing an hello world application located in SD,  when booting in QSPI by executing u-boot.bin (containing FSBL.elf + u-boot.elf) ? Because I do not find any commands to execute an BIN file in memory thanks to U-Boot.  

0 Kudos
Visitor florent@
Visitor

By the way, I am using zync ZC706.

0 Kudos