Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peltier
Visitor
Visitor

Bootgen and split option

Hi ,

I am working on a Zynq board (Enclustra supplier) , and I have the following configuration ( QSPI mode):

Partition 1 : FSBL

Partition 2 : U-Boot                      owner = FSBL

Partition 3: bitstream                   owner = FSBL ( or U-Boot : not yet decided ....)

Partition 4 : apllication                owner = U-Boot

In case of "split", I should be able to load Partition 2,3, 4 independantly.

I saw on a forum thread that the size of the bitstream is always the same ( do you confirm it ?).

But , image  that I need to load a new applicative partition ( Partition 4).

What happens if the new size is more ( or less)  important than the size of the initial partition 4 ? :

The block 1 ( Boot header  + Image Headers + FSBL) contains the length of the partition 4 and will be unchanged.

I had a look at the fsbl code and found these lines ( extract from  "image_mover.c"): 

Status = MoveImage(SourceAddr, LoadAddr, (ImageWordLen << WORD_LENGTH_SHIFT));

ImageWordLen = Header->PartitionWordLen;    // personnal comment : (Header->PartitionWordLen) belongs to block 1    

How could it work? ( if the size is different)

Thanks by advance ,

Gilles Peltier

P.S: see also the answer of Xilinx Employee <Sorenb> in this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/change-u-boot-on-flash-mtd-with-flashcp/td-p/344895

0 Kudos
1 Reply
denist
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

All you said is correct. There are some attributes in .bif that allow you to "reserve" and "allign" the partittions but honestly I don't remember how that impact the Image Headers. Maybe we can try to play with those and use "bootgen_utility" to see if the outcome is what we want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos