UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor peter_c
Visitor

Booting an extra core UltraScale +

Hello,

I'm new with programming the UltraScale + (actually ARM processors).

But for my current application I need to use 2 cores.

Now I read that Core 0 needs to start Core 1. But it's very hard to find instructions or example code on how to do this.

Can someone point me in the right direction or does someone knows about some example code that is showing how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Peter

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor kpilch
Visitor

Re: Booting an extra core UltraScale +

One way to do it is to request 'node' from PMU. A node may be another core. This can be achieved on the runtime. Refer to Power Management Framework User Guide (UG1199) and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Software Developers Guide (UG1137).

When attempting to power on or off anything on a runtime from embedded (bare metal) application, one shall use XilPm library, which is available from SDK. Look for it in BSP configuration.

I must admit though, that following this path I have failed to achieve what I wanted (power on specific clock used for debug timestamps). Good luck!
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Booting an extra core UltraScale +

I suggest to create a .bif (used to create a bootable image) and specify the application that needs to run on A53-0 and the one that needs to run on A53-1. That would power up and release the two cores.

I am assuming baremetal code running on it.

Also be aware then now you are starting an AMP system and it's not simply to manage it.

Xilinx uses the openAMP framework to do that. Maybe something you should investigate before going tdown this path.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos