Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

FSBL partition load failure

Jump to solution

Hi,

While trying to load a raw binary file partition of size greater than 60MB the FSBL crashes without any error code (except a few garbage characters). See the attached log (fsbl-log.txt). The log is not cropped, the FSBL stops before printing "Partition X Load Failed". The BIF file used to generate the BOOT.bin is also attached (partitions-bif.txt). Bootgen parses the file correctly, so I assume it is correctly formatted and valid. I am using a zynqmp and booting on eMMc.

Is there any known issues related to the size of the partitions? I tried loading the partition (partition #7 in the log) at various addresses and changing the order of the partitions but the issue remains.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

For posterity,  the issue was unrelated to the FSBL itself. Something else on the custom board I'm using turns off the power after X seconds if a specific pin was not held high. Because the file copied was much larger file than usual, the timeout was too short.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

For posterity,  the issue was unrelated to the FSBL itself. Something else on the custom board I'm using turns off the power after X seconds if a specific pin was not held high. Because the file copied was much larger file than usual, the timeout was too short.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos