cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flashing QSPI configuration memory device in Vivado Lab Edition 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use Vivado Lab Edition 2019.1 to flash my configuration memory(mt25ql series) with mcs file after generating the mcs through the Vivado. After adding the configuration memory and trying to flash it with the generated mcs file, it throws an error after stopping at 1%. The FPGA used is XCZU7EV.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

回复: Flashing QSPI configuration memory device in Vivado Lab Edition 2019.1

Jump to solution

I wanted to know whether it's possible with the Vivado Lab edition and we figured what did we miss. It's that for the initial programming of mcs into the flash, I should have programmed the FPGA with the .bit file and write the .mcs file into the flash through the FPGA. Then from the next time its booting up, it will boot from the flash. I missed the initial FPGA configuration.

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

What is the error?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It says " There is one error message while Program Configuration Memory Device" and Flash Programming Unsuccessful. Please find the Tcl console messages included with this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Can you make sure that mode pins are set in JTAG mode? Also what if you try to use and program the flash? Does that work.

For zynq MPSOC devices you need to set the mode to JTAG while programming flash and later you can set the mode QSPI while booting up from flash.

--harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's set in JTAG mode at the start, i.e. when trying to flash the PROM. If it's after successfully flashing the PROM, I am supposed to switch it off and change the mode to QSPI to turn it back on in QSPI boot mode. What do you mean by "Also what if you try to use and program the flash? ".Is it like programming the flash through some other direct means instead of the indirect flashing through the FPGA?

-Thank you 

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Sorry for the typo. I missed the SDK from my reply.
> Have you tried SDK to program the flash?
https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_references/sdk_u_program_flash.html

Let us know what error you get?

Thanks
Harshit
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I wanted to know whether it's possible with the Vivado Lab edition and we figured what did we miss. It's that for the initial programming of mcs into the flash, I should have programmed the FPGA with the .bit file and write the .mcs file into the flash through the FPGA. Then from the next time its booting up, it will boot from the flash. I missed the initial FPGA configuration.

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos