UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor vidhya_93
Visitor

How to convert .elf into .bin in Baremetal OS

Dear Community Users,

I am Working on Zynq-7000 Customized Board. Actually, i have 3 Questions to ask. The Questions are

consider i have 2 Applications(app_1.elf and app_2.elf). The fsbl and bitstream is common for both applications. i created BOOT.bin file by using app_1.elf, fsbl.elf and bitstream. now i want to convert my app_2.elf into app_2.bin file in Baremetal OS .

NOTE :

I tried "arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary app_2.elf app_2.bin " this command and created .bin file but its not working. 

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: How to convert .elf into .bin in Baremetal OS

You can use the objcopy as you are doing. What doesnt work?How are you loading the applications? do they occupy the same memory region.

You might need to remove the vector section from the elf using the -R switch

0 Kudos
Visitor vidhya_93
Visitor

Re: How to convert .elf into .bin in Baremetal OS

Thank You for your replay.

Firstly, By using app_2.elf+.bit+fsbl.elf i created Boot.bin file .

In FSBL User Code, I can see the DataWordLength of the Application(app_2) and BitStream(.bit file) by fsbl_prints.

the Application DataWordLength= 0xA002

But, the Same Application file i am converted into bin file By using this "objcopy"command .the file size is different. 

0 Kudos