cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjstephen
Visitor
Visitor

How to include a non-executable data file in the boot ROM image

The BootGen user guide UG1283 hints that you can include a "data blob" as one of the partitions in the boot ROM image. I want to add a 128KB binary file which is data that the application will use later. It is not executable code and does not even need to be loaded by the FSBL. How to tell the FSBL to ignore this partition when booting? FSBL should not try to execute it or even bother to load it, just skip it. I managed to get it out of the way by listing it last in the BIF and used the "load" attribute to place it in some unused area of the DDR memory. But I think the FSBL still tries to hand-off to it, but fortunately it goes nowhere and just resets the processor. This is a kludge, not a solution. I could not find anything in Appendix B, the BIF attribute reference, that looked likely. Is there some combination of the partition header attributes that will cause the FSBL to skip it? If so, how to set it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, if you use the create boot image gui, then just add your partition as a data file (you will have a partition types). Make sure this is a binary file and not an executable file

To debug enable the debug info in fsbl to see how the fsbl processes your partitions