cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to program QSPI flash memory with bitstream and .elf files using AXI Quad SPI core?

Hello,

I am currently using ZYBO Z7-20 board. Current version of Vivado: 2017.4.

I want to use AXI Quad SPI core to program QSPI flash memory with bitstream and .elf file. I have been searching how to do that for a long time, but I could not find solution. Here is my design and settings for AXI Quad SPI IP.

Scheme.PNG

Settings.PNG

I assume, that AXI Quad SPI IP pinout should be connected to the QSPI flash memory. Am i right? Is there any tutorial or documentation which shows how to do that?

Best regards,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @necros123 ,

I remember that zybo z7-20 board dosen't have qspi pins in PL(Programmable Logic) side. QSPI is controlled by PS(Processing System) side. You can download schematic from Digilent. 

If you want to program bit and .elf into flash, you need to follow these steps:

1. Delete AXI QSPI IP, it is not useful for your design unless your board has qspi pins in PL side.

2.Do some simple test, such as lighting up a led. Adding AXI GPIO IP to acheive this. For this step you can refer to ug1165 ch3, and you need to change pin constrains from zc702 to zybo-z7. 

If you finish the step 2, it proves the basic design functions well. 

3. Create a fsbl project based on your current design in SDK.

4. Click Tools->Create Boot image, choose output bif path and output path. Output format sets to BIN. Then add these files by order: fsbl.elf->.bit->app.elf in Boot Image Partitions. Finally, Create Image.

5. Change boot mode to JTAG , boot up the board and then find program flash tool. Default settings should be OK. Program the flash.

6.Shutdown the board and change boot mode to QSPI. Boot up the board to test functionality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Here is a tutorial for creating boot image:

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_create_zynq_boot_image.html

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The problem is, that I have to use AXI Quad SPI core

0 Kudos