cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

JTAG Boot with ENC_ONLY and RSA_ENABLE set

I have an Ultrascale+ board that I am trying to enable secure boot on. I have successfully set the eFUSES for AES key, PPK hashes and enabled the ENC_ONLY and RSA_ENABLE boot options.

I was expecting to be able to JTAG into the board and use my regular tcl script to get to u-boot and tftp a signed and encrypted image and write it out to emmc, however the PSU is unavailable and the only targets I see are the PMU and PL.

I assume I need to write a PMU firmware to turn on the PSU to then be able to run my normal process? I did try writing the PMU that would normally be in the BOOT.bin but I got an error trying to download to the PMU target: Code 16 Time 1592504785667 Format {Invalid context}

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I see from another post that the JTAG chain is disabled by default in Secure Boot, and that you have to modify the FSBL to turn it back on again.

How can I get the modified FSBL onto the board?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You have to do it before you lock the system down. Now you can only soldered a pre-programmed flash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the response!

I figured that was going to be the only solution. I managed to brick 3 boards getting Authentication and Encryption working so not the end of the world, and lots of good learning from the experience. The keys are non-production so these were never going to be used for anything else

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you please mark the solution of this thread?

Thanks!

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos