Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

JTAG keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

Using the below mentioned JTAG cable HS2 from trenz electronics and trying to connect to Zynq7035 is being disconnected every now and then . 

JTAG cable:HS2 Trenz

Clock Freq:125KHz (can this be changed on the above mentioned cable?)

I've seen that this cable has worked at 10MHz previously on the same board, all of sudden I can only recognize the board at 125KHz.

This is the error message I see:

ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-513]  HW Target shutdown. Closing target: localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Digilent/210249A7306F
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
intermittent problems like this are normally broken / mechanical problem with the cables.
or blown driver chips / power supplies on the board.
or software .

You say this cable has worked at 10 Mhz, has it worked on this machine at that speed ?

At a firs toff, I'd get the scope out, and trace the JTAG signals around the board, to see if they all look nice voltage levels and shape of signal.

As its a digilent programmer , you might want to ask on the digilent forum also
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
intermittent problems like this are normally broken / mechanical problem with the cables.
or blown driver chips / power supplies on the board.
or software .

You say this cable has worked at 10 Mhz, has it worked on this machine at that speed ?

At a firs toff, I'd get the scope out, and trace the JTAG signals around the board, to see if they all look nice voltage levels and shape of signal.

As its a digilent programmer , you might want to ask on the digilent forum also
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, You were right, it was a power supply isssue.

Thanks