cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.

I have re-install the USB CABLE driver but it does not work. Is there anything else I could try to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @wyr121266

1. Which OS are you using?

2. If using windows, check the device manager to confirm that cable is detected properly

3. Are you using Digilent cable or platform usb cable II?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.
1.I'm using Windows 7
2.Yes. It is detected properly.
3.Platform sub cable II.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

please let us know the procedure/command you used to re-install the cable drivers. There are separate drivers for digilent and platform usb. Was the jtag working previously?

If this is the platform USB cable, check the LED indicator to see if this is a problem with the platform USB adaptor.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@wyr121266 Check if this helps

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Anirudh,

Thank you for your help.

1. I first delete Jungo driver and Xilinx Cable driver from Device Manager. Then I uninstall Vivado Lab. Lastly, I install Vivado Lab with Cable Driver option checked.

2. The LED indicator on my Platform Cable USB II is on.

Regards,

Zhaojian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Zhaojian,

If you have re-installed the Vivado lab with cable drivers, i assume the cable drivers must have been installed correctly.

Is the light green or any other colour on the Cable? Check the pg 11 of this for led indications - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds593.pdf

In addition cross check if the digilent cable (the micro usb) works if you have one.

If nothing works, then cross check the SI of the JTAG connections on your board, if this is a custom board.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and have installed Xilinx’s Vivado HLS tool version 2016.4. With this I am getting the problem as follows:

ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.

Please help.

Regards

-Indranil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using KC705 Eval board and I programmed this board 2-3 times using Platform Cable USB II using Vivado 2018.2 and Vivado 2016.2 on Windows 10 but all of a sudden when I open the hardware manager in Vivado Design Suite 2018.2 or 2016.2 , there is no hardware target open and when I use "Auto connect" it does not show the device ! ( Screen shot is attached)

What I have tried so far: 

1. Checked Device manager to see if the driver needs an update or if it is still there. It seems Ok ( Screenshot is attached)

2. Changed the USB port that I connected the Platform Cable USB II to it just to make sure it is not because of the USB port. Did not help!

3. Used another Platform Cable USB II . Did not work!

4. Connected my KC705 Evaluation board to another PC with the same cable and it shows the FPGA!!!

I am not sure why it is working on another computer but not mine anymore !

Would you please help me with that ?

cable issue.PNG
device manager.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @m.yaghmai

Our Community Help has a tip that might help you : Tip: If the message is older than 6-12 months, please post a new message rather than adding to the existing thread. Your inquiry will have a better chance of being picked up by an expert if it is a new topic.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

I would suggest you create a new topic on the appropriate board

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @florentw for your suggestion, I am new so that page is a great help to understand where to post and how to do it.

I created a new topic. Should I remove my post from here ? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @m.yaghmai,

No you can leave the reply. But just create a new topic if you want to get an answer. Old topics do not get a lot of traction

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I have found an esay solution !!

-------------------

Vivado Design Suite gave me the same error :  [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target

I am working on Windows-10  with a xilinx dev kit.

I solved the problem installing Xilinx_Vivado_Lab_Win_2019.2_1106_2127.tar.gz

(latest version available on  https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html )

I closed my previous Vivado Design Suite session, i launched Vivado_Lab , which has been able to connect to the FPGA immediately.

Then i close Vivado_Lab, and launched again the Vivado Design Suite , and this time, it was also able to connect to the FPGA.

I guess the installation of Vivado_Lab somehow repaired the hardware drivers or something like that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have you got the solution to this problem?

0 Kudos