cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Memory write error at 0x100000. APB AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021. ZyboZ710

Hi all, I'm relative new to working with FPGAs

So I'm working with a Zybo Z7-10, vivado version is 2019.1, and my OS is Linux Ubuntu 18.04.5

I recently bought a JSTK2 and was playing around with it. i made a block design which consisted in the Zynq PS IP and the JSTK2 pmod IP which is being connect to JC port. it validated successfully and the bit-stream was created just fine. then I went into the SDK and I was put a C file (basic_example.c) which is an example from the diligent git hub :https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/tree/master/ip/Pmods/PmodJSTK2_v1_0  

I Program the FPGA and I selected run as -> launch on hardware (GDB) and it work. the led on the JSTK2 was lighting up, based on the code from the example. I turn the FPGA off.

After sometime, i wanted to show my professor the progress i was making. I did the same thing Program the FPGA and I selected run as -> launch on hardware (GDB). But before I could show him I got this error after clicking (GDB):         

Memory write error at 0x100000. APB AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021

this error appears on the SDK log screen. it does not appear on the Console or Problem screen.

I close the program and decided to run another program that i already had which i knew it work. after I got to the SDK. the same error appear. I don't know what it could be, or how to fix it.

Any help would be very appreciated, since I need to work on my other projects and the SDK just seem to not work for any of my projects. its always the same error 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @pabjum,

This would happen sometimes if the zynq is not properly configured. Can you please try to enable "Reset Entire System" in your Run/Debug configuration?

Thanks & Regards
Anil B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Memory write error at 0x100000. APB AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021

This is an write to an illegal address. The only way to recover from it is to do a power cycle

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @abommera

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @stephenm 

How do I do a power cycle 

0 Kudos

Turn it off, then back on again

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Oh that is what you meant by power cycle, but i have done that multiple times. even restarting the SDK and it still gives the same error.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @pabjum 

As already mentioned by few folks in the thread the APB AP transaction error means that there was an AXI transaction to either and ilegal address or an address to an IP that is either powered off or in reset. The main issue with this error is that the system bus gets hang and there is no way to recover from it without power cycling the device. A classical example of this issue would be accessing and address location in the PL side without the PL being programed.

It is not clear why following the same steps the board now is failing but I would suggest to do some basic testing using the system debugger rather than GDB as it has some more features than GDB.

1. Create a debug configuration with System Debugger option
  2. Select the Restart System option, Program FPGA and PSU_INIT.
  3. Launch the debug session

If the system fails during the debug launch process you know that the issue is either running the psu_init script or programming FPGA. If the issue is the script further debugging would be required.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos