05-01-2018 12:21 AM
Hi, currently we have 3 bitstreams that we program individually into an SPI flash memory, each one starting on its own offset. We would like to see the possibility of merging the 3 bitstreams into one (with each one again with its same offset in the memory) so that we only have to program it once.
Thanks in advance.
05-02-2018 02:07 AM
Are these partitial bitstreams? what do you mean merge into one?
Or, are you taking about multi-boot?
Yes indeed we are talking about multi-boot :) We want to merge them all into one so that we only need to program one file instead of 3 separate ones.
05-03-2018 12:20 AM
Those documents talk about multibooting, which we already can do. To explain better what we want, this is our current setup the addresses are just for the example):
1. Program bitstream1 at address 0x1000
2. Program bitstream2 at address 0x2000
3. Program bitstream3 at address 0x3000
What we want is the following:
1. Merge bitstream1, bitstream2 and bitstream3 into a new bistreamMerged, respecting the addresses.
2. Program bitstreamMerged at address 0x1000
Theoretically the addresses where the bitstreams are in both implementations will end up in the same place.