Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

NAND Booting

Jump to solution

Hello, seems like I'll always be a newbie with these monster FPGA's. Say I have a design a co-worker did and now I'm task to get it booting and then test it. The board has two NAND memories:

NAND.jpg

When I run the Program Flash Memory tool and select "nandx8" how does the tool know which chip select for the NAND: CE0 or CE1 to use?

Last, how long would you expect it to take to write a Boot image to the NAND? I'm using the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC with Vivado/Vitis 19.2 tools.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NAND Booting

Jump to solution

Hi @joe306 ,

The NAND boot mode is supported with MIO 13 Chip enable (CE0). So when you try to program boot image in to the NAND device, it will select the NAND flash which is connected through CE0.

The time Required to write the boot image into NAND Flash is depends on Size if the boot image.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @joe306 ,

The NAND boot mode is supported with MIO 13 Chip enable (CE0). So when you try to program boot image in to the NAND device, it will select the NAND flash which is connected through CE0.

The time Required to write the boot image into NAND Flash is depends on Size if the boot image.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos