UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

No longer able to boot using QSPI?

I have been using a zcu102 ultrascale, using petalinux tools to build boot images, sometimes booting from SD card, and sometimes QSPI.

Recently, I flashed an image using flashcp from the PetaLinux commandline, flashing the image.ub to /dev/mtd2, as I had done many times before.  But this time, the system failed to boot. The console printed the two lines shown by the fsbl (I think)  and that's all I get. 

I've reflashed a few more times using jtag, to no avail.  The xsdk gui has an option to verify the zeroing of the flash, which I've just started enabling. A few times now, this zero-check has failed. Other times, it finishes, but the boot still fails.

There's been a lot of static electricity in my building due to the cold weather... Have I zapped my flash memory? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: No longer able to boot using QSPI?

I'll follow up by showing the text that comes out over the serial console:

Release 2017.3 Nov 27 2018 - 16:15:59
PMU Firmware 2017.3 Nov 27 2018 16:19:45

I'd also like to point out that the PS_ERR OUT LED appears to be red (INIT_B is also red, but I think that is common).
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @aaron_b1,

could you please check the error status registers 

ERROR_STATUS_1 0xFFD80530 
ERROR_STATUS_2 0xFFD80540 

and check this register description in ug1085 TRM.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Even easier you can connect Vivado HW Manager and report these two PS TAP registers:

JTAG_STATUS and JTAG_ERROR_STATUS.

Also, do you have FSBL_DEBUG_DETAILED defined in your FSBL?

If you see prints on the UART it means something is booting from the flash and if FSBL is failing it should tell you why (most of the time).

0 Kudos